— WWE held more tapings for upcoming NXT shows last night at Full Sail University and here are the results:
NXT was back at Full Sail University on Thursday night for their final set of television tapings before TakeOver: Toronto.
NXT TV taping spoilers —
– Io Shirai made her entrance with new music and strobe lights. Wearing all black, she stood in the ring to soak in the booing from the crowd before saying she doesn’t need friends and she doesn’t need any of us.
– Matt Riddle defeated Arturo Ruas
Excellent realistic match with the two working a Bloodsport style before Riddle won with a knee strike and mounted fists for the stoppage. After the match, Killian Dain attacked and destroyed Riddle, even putting Riddle through the stage.
– Kushida defeated Apollo Crews
Huge ovation for the returning Crews. The match had great action, with Kushida reversing a superplex into the Hoverboard Lock for the win.
– NXT Champion Adam Cole came out for an in-ring segment and implied that he would be offering a title match to the person coming up on the tron. He showed a video of Johnny Gargano giving a replica title to a man named Twan Tucker.
Cole brought Tucker out, but Tucker said that he wasn’t here alone. Gargano then made his way out and he brawled with Cole all over Full Sail.
– NXT Tag Team Champions The Street Profits defeated Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch to retain their titles
The Street Profits retained with a big spinebuster and a frog splash. Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish then made their way to the ramp to indicate their interest in the titles.
– Gargano and Cole brawled their way out from the back and fought in the ring, with Gargano applying the Gargano Escape on Cole before referees broke it up.
– Jordan Myles (formerly known as ACH) defeated Angel Garza (formerly Garza Jr.) in a Breakout tournament semifinal match
Myles advanced to the finals with a bridging German suplex.
– Bianca Belair defeated Xia Li
Belair hit the Kiss of Death to win.
– North American Champion Velveteen Dream entered for an in-ring segment. He tried to talk down Roderick Strong, who then joined him in the ring and they went back and forth. Pete Dunne then made his return to NXT. Dunne immediately went for Strong’s hand to crack his fingers before looking toward Dream and his title.
– Io Shirai defeated Kacy Catanzaro by DQ
Candice LeRae ran in with a chair immediately and sent Shirai away.
– Damian Priest defeated Keith Lee
This was a hard-fought big man match. Priest survived a pounce before hitting his Roll of the Dice finish
– Tyler Breeze defeated Jaxson Ryker (w/ Wesley Blake and Steve Cutler)
The Forgotten Sons all attacked Breeze after, which brought out Fandango to make the save. The crowd went wild and celebrated to the Breezango music.
– Cameron Grimes (formerly Trevor Lee) defeated Bronson Reed (formerly Jonah Rock) in a Breakout tournament semifinal match
Malcolm Bivens (the former Stokely Hathaway) was scouting this match at ringside. Grimes won with his leaping double stomp.
– NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler and Mia Yim did an in-ring segment to build up their title match, which was officially announced for TakeOver: Toronto over SummerSlam weekend.
– Riddle was on his way to the ring but was destroyed by Dain and thrown into the stairs.
– Kushida defeated Jeff Parker
Kushida submitted him with the Hoverboard Lock.
– William Regal officiated a contract signing between The Street Profits and O’Reilly & Fish. The Street Profits will defend their Tag Team titles against O’Reilly & Fish at TakeOver.
– Shane Thorne defeated Joaquin Wilde
Thorne picked up the win with a running kick.
– Pete Dunne defeated Roderick Strong
This was a well-paced match that got plenty of time. Dunne survived everything Strong had before getting the submission with joint manipulation on Strong’s hand. Following the match, Velveteen Dream tried to attack Dunne from behind but got caught. Strong then let them both know that tonight meant nothing and he would still take the North American title at TakeOver.
As always, these are subject to air in a different order or to not air at all.
– Io Shirai walks out to new music, graphics, and lighting. She says she doesn’t need any friends or any of you. She drops the mic and leaves.
– Matt Riddle def. Arturo Ruas
Post match: Riddle is attacked by a returning a Killian Dain. Dain beats Riddle all around the ring and then hits a senton through the stage.
– KUSHIDA def. Apollo Crews
– Adam Cole comes out and says he’s been the Bay Bay world tour to show the world what a real champion looks like. He says he’s going to defend his title tonight against the person in the following cideo package. A video is shown of Johnny Gargano returning to a wrestling school with the NXT championship and having a student hold it. Adam Cole says Twan Tucker (not sure of the spelling) has a chance tonight. Tucker comes out and says he didn’t come alone. Johnny Gargano runs out and brawls with Cole all over ringside.
– NXT Tag Team Championship: Street Profits def. Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch to retain.
Post match: Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly sarcastically clap ok the stage.
– Johnny Gargano and Adam Cole come out brawl some more. Johnny makes Adam Cole tap out
(This is likely a reshoot but it’s always possible they air two separate brawls)
– NXT Breakout Tournament: Jordan Myles def. Angel Garza
– Bianca Belair def. Xia Li
– Velveteen Dream comes out and is frustrated he lost to Roderick Strong. Dream says the only way he relinquishes the title is if the Dream dies and goes straight to hell. Roderick Strong comes out to challenge Dream to match at Takeover Toronto. Pete Dunne comes out, snaps Roderick’s finger, and stares Dream down
– Io Shirai def. Kacy Catanzaro by DQ when Candice LeRae attacks Io.
– Damian Priest def. Keith Lee
Week 3 (and Week 4?)
– Tyler Breeze def. Jaxson Ryker
Post match: The Forgotten Sons attack Breeze until Fandango makes the save
– NXT Breakout Tournament: Cameron Grimes def. Bronson Reed
– Shayna Baszler storms out. She says she received the message from Mia Yim loud and clear. Yim attacked Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir from behind. Baszler calls Yim a street rat. Mia Yim comes out saying that she has everything to gain and nothing to lose.
– Matt Riddle comes out for a match but is attacked by Killian Dain
– KUSHIDA def. Shane Parker
– Contract Signing between Street Profits and Undisputed Era. The Street Profits say losing isn’t an option. The Era says the Profits are a joke.
– Shane Thorne def. Joaquin Wilde
– Pete Dunne def. Roderick Strong.
Post match: Velveteen Dream tries to sneak attack Pete Dunne. Strong distracts Dream and Dunne attacks and lays out Dream.
– No pre show dark match was held
– Io Shirai has new gear, new music and a new entrance
– There was a slight delay early in the tapings as the roof started to leak. Water was landing right at the base of the ramp. It was only a slight delay.
– Official for Takeover: Toronto:
– NXT Women’s Championship: Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Mia Yim
– NXT Tag Team Championship: Street Profits (c) vs. Undisputed Era (Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish)
– it looks like Velveteen Dream vs. Roderick Strong for the North American Championship will happen in Toronto as well, but was not explicitly told to the crowd. This may also turn into a Triple Threat with Pete Dunne included.
- Top NXT Superstar Blames WWE Talent For Issues In Company As Of Late …
(Follow us on Twitter @RajahNews or myself, Matt Boone, @MattBoone1984 for more exclusive backstage wrestling news and rumors!