The March 5th, 2018 edition of WWE Monday Night RAW took place at the BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwuakee, WI.
– Michael Cole welcomes us to Milwuakee, as he’s flanked by Corey Graves and Jonathan Coachman at the broadcast table on the stage.
– RAW GM Kurt Angle comes out to the ring to kick off the show. Angle gets on the mic and thanks everyone for coming, then says he needs to get serious. He talks about Triple H sucker punching him last week, and calls out Triple H right now to come face him like a man. Stephanie McMahon comes out instead. Stephanie walks down and tells Kurt to calm down, and says Triple H hasn’t arrived at the building yet. Stephanie tells Kurt that his Olympic gold medals and WWE Hall of Fame accolades don’t pay the bills, being RAW GM does, and Angle should remember that. She blames Angle for ruining the Ronda Rousey contract signing, and tells Angle to know his role and just make matches for RAW. Ronda Rousey comes out to interrupt.
Rousey walks down to the ring and hugs Angle and Stephanie offers her hand for a shake. Rousey says what Stephanie did to Angle last week was enlightening for her. Stephanie says WWE has done a lot for Rousey, including booking her in-ring debut for WrestleMania 34. Rousey points out that her contract lets her pick her opponent for wrestleMania, and then she picks Stephanie as her WrestleMania opponent. Stephanie says she’s not a member of the roster, and then Triple H’s music interrupts and The Game comes out to the ring.
Triple H gets on the mic and says this won’t happen. Triple H tells Angle to forget his gold medals and stop being a tough guy and start doing his job as GM. Angle points out that Stephanie said Triple H wasn’t here tonight, and adds that Stephanie does have a contract as a WWE superstar. Angle says he makes the matches, and he says Rousey vs. Stephanie at WrestleMania is on. Angle says Triple H also has a contract.
Angle reminds Triple H that he warned him after Survivor Series, and then Angle adds himself to the WrestleMania match. So it looks like Kurt Angle & Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H & Stephanie McMahon at WrestleMania 34.
Stephanie gets in Kurt’s face and talks trash. She goes to slap Angle, but Ronda steps her. Triple H tells everyone to calm down and says things don’t have to go this way. Triple H then goes for a cheap shot on Angle, but it’s blocked and Kurt starts pummeling on Triple H. Angle drops HHH then puts the ankle lock on him until Triple H finally fights free. Stephanie cheap shots Ronda from behind, but Ronda gets right back up and Stephanie runs away. Triple H looks to attack Kurt again, but Kurt drops Triple H again for another ankle lock. Stephanie helps pull HHH to safety from under the bottom rope. Ronda pulls Stephanie into the ring by her hair and then drops her. Stephanie and Triple H retreat as Ronda and Kurt stare them down.
– Still to come: John Cena is in the house, and Asuka will take on Nia Jax.
– Referees are seen helping Triple H and Stephanie up and to the back.
– Asuka vs. Nia Jax: The opening bell sounds and Nia overpowers Asuka early on. Some headbutts and body shots from Nia now. We see a shot backstage of Alexa Bliss doing an interview where she predicts Nia will win tonight. Jax and Asuka briefly brawl at ringside, before going back on the mat where Jax hits a backbreaker. Jax looks for another one, but Asuka counters and boots Nia in the face. Asuka continues fighting back, then climbs up top but Nia drops her. Nia continues the beat down until Asuka fires back with a Shining Wizard for a near-fall. Nia comes back with a Samoan Drop for a two count of her own. Jax slams Asuka again then looks for a leg drop, but Asuka dodges it. Asuka locks in an arm bar, but Jax powers up and slams Asuka after a struggle on the mat. Asuka doesn’t break the hold, so Jax slams her again and again. Jax powers up again, but Asuka still has the arm bar locked in and pulls Nia back down to the mat. Jax finally taps out.
Winner via submission: Asuka
– After the match, we see Alexa Bliss backstage watching on a monitor and looking concerned. Jax walks to the back selling an arm injury.
– Coming up: A look at John Cena’s road to WrestleMania 34.
– The Revival vs. The Bar: This one is a non-title match. If The Revival wins, they get a title shot at WrestleMania. Dawson and Sheamus start off trading holds on the mat until Sheamus drops him with a shoulder block. Cesaro tags in now, and The Bar starts taking turns beating on Dawson. Sheamus gets distracted hitting Wilder, and turns around into a shot from Dawson. Dawson starts turning it around, then Wilder tags in and they double team Sheamus for a two count. The Bar regroups on the floor, then comes back in he ring and drops Wilder, then double teams Dawson. Dawson starts fighting back against Sheamus, then hits a jawbreaker and tags in Dash. They double team Sheamus and take turns beating on him in the corner. Sheamus finally fires back with a backdrop, then tags in Cesaro. Cesaro starts cleaning house, but Dawson catches him and hits a DDT for a two count. Sheamus tags back in now and works over Dawson with knee strikes. Cesaro tags back in, but Dash causes a distraction and allows Dawson to turn it around. Sheamus gets sent to the floor, then Dawson hits a superplex on Cesaro. Dash follows up with a frog splash, but Cesaro kicks out at 2. Dawson tags back in for the double team, but Sheamus boots Dash out of the ring first. Dawson fights off Sheamus, but then Cesaro grabs him and hits The Neutralizer for the three count.
Winners: The Bar
– Still to come: John Cena is in the house, and Corey Graves will preview the new “Strangers: Prey at Night” movie.
– We see a promo for WWE Ride Along on the WWE Network.
– John Cena comes out to the ring next to a mixed reaction. The announcers plug WWE Fastlane as he walks down the ramp. Cena gets on the mic and says he’s here to talk about SmackDown, and says Kurt Angle granted him this opportunity to speak because he realizes the importance of the Fastlane pay-per-view. Cena talks about being privileged to be the only free agent in WWE, and talks about his WWE Title shot at Fastlane. Cena says on Sunday he will break a record by becoming a 17-time WWE Champion, and that’s the reality of the matter. Cena says he’s heard all the criticism about himself, and hears people saying he is handed everything by WWE. Cena says he earned his spot, and says he encourages AJ to use his rematch clause after Fastlane to make a three-way for WrestleMania: Cena vs. AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura. Music hits, and Goldust comes out to interrupt.
Goldust dros some movie quotes and says he should be the WWE Title contender, and he steps into the ring. Goldust rants about dreaming of sharing the spotlight at WrestleMania, and that dream begins with stopping Cena’s dream. Goldust says he’s in control now and is Cena’s new director, and Cena’s dreams will be shattered tonight. Cena goes to say something, but Goldust hits him with a right hand, and we have a match.
– Goldust vs. John Cena: Goldust starts off in control and poses over Cena. Cena starts hulking up, but Goldust drops him again for a two count. Goldust continues the beat down and hits an inverted atomic drop. Goldust works on keeping Cena grounded, and poses and rubs Cena weirdly. Cena once again tries to fight up, but Goldust catches him with a spinning powerslam for a two count. They scuffle and Goldust hits a low-blow, as fans are now dueling chants for Cena and Goldust. Cena starts making a comeback and hits the shoulder blocks and back suplex. Cena follows up with the Five Knuckle Shuffle and the AA for the three count.
Winner: John Cena
– After the match, Cena celebrates the win as the announcers plug Fastlane.
– Kurt Angle gets confronted by Elias backstage. Elias wants Angle to cancel the Symphony of Destruction match tonight. Elias heard there will be instruments around the ring for the match, and he thinks music shouldn’t be used as a weapon. Angle thinks about it, and says he’s not cancelling it. Angle says what happens tonight is up to Elias, and Angle also makes it a Falls Count Anywhere match for good measure.
– Still to come: The Miz presents the third annual “Mizzie Awards.” Paul Heyman will respond to Roman Reigns.
– Bayley is backstage heading towards the gorilla position.
– Michael Cole introduces a video package looking at 2018 WWE Hall of Famer Hillbilly Jim.
– Bayley comes out and does a brief interview with Charly Caruso, but before she can really get started Absolution interrupts. Paige, Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville come out, and Paige cuts a promo on Bayley calling her a stupid little kid.
– Bayley vs. Mandy Rose: Mandy and Bayley start off trading holds until Mandy hits a dropkick in the corner to take over. Mandy works over Bayley’s arm, then slams her into the corner. Bayley starts fighting back and hits a running elbow shot. Rose rolls outside for a breather with Absolution. Back in the ring, Rose tees off on Bayley with strikes. Bayley misses a shot and Rose answers with a running knee for a two count. Mandy keeps control and works over Bayley on the mat. Bayley counters a slingshot and drops Rose over the middle rope. Bayley fires up with some clotheslines and strikes now, then slams Mandy into the corner over and over. Bayley hits a suplex, then climbs to the middle rope but Sonya distracts her. Bayley still hits a flying elbow on Rose. Sonya gets back on the apron, and the distraction leads to Rose rolling up Bayley for a two count. Bayley comes back with a rollup pin of her own for the three count.
– Rose and Deville immediately start beating down Bayley after the bell. Sasha banks runs down to make the save, and Absolution retreats. Sasha goes to hug Bayley, but Bayley declines and walks away.
– Michael Cole introduces a Women’s History Month video about Eunice Kennedy Shriver.
– We take a look at footage of the history between Elias and Braun Strowman.
– We see Strowman backstage, who says he’s not finished with Elias, and Elias is gonna get these hands tonight… as well as these keys, drums, and any other instrument he can get his hands on. Braun says this will be Elias’ extinction.
– We see Elias backstage with his guitar heading to the ring.
– Symphony of Destruction match: Elias vs. Braun Strowman: Elias is on stage with a piano, and there are other instruments set up all around the arena. Elias plays the piano and drums for a bit, and sings a song knocking Strowman. Elias sings about Milwuakee, and steps in the ring as the lights go out. The lights come back on, and Elias is gone. Elias is seen running through the crowd towards the back now. Elias runds through the backstage area and gets in a car. He starts it up and tries to back out, but the car isn’t moving. The camera backs out to reveal Braun lifting the car up off it’s back wheels. Braun says he’s not finished with Elias, and Elias hops out of the car and starts running. Strowman chases Elias through the arena and back to the stage. Braun starts beating down Elias on the stage, and drags him to the ring. Strowman throws Elias in the corner and hits a big running splash, then some strikes. Strowman goes for a slam, but Elias escapes and hits Strowman’s knee from behind. Elias starts working the knee, then grabs the guitar and smashes it over Braun’s back. Elias starts pummeling on Braun, then knocks him off his feet. Elias goes up top and hits a flying elbow for a one count, and Braun kicks out with authority. Elias looks for the Drift Away, but Braun fights out and drops him with a right hand. Braun sends Elias outside, and follows him out and up the ramp. Strowman brings Elias over to the announce table and goes for a powerslam, but Elias rakes the eyes and escapes. Strowman shoves Elias into the stage wall, and beats him down near the instruments. Strowman smashes a big bass over Elias’ back, then throws a piano on him. Strowman shoves the piano out of the way and pins for the three count.
Winner: Braun Strowman
– After the match, Strowman raises his arms and yells. He talks trash to Elias as he walks away. Paramedics put Elias in a neck brace and load him ont oa stretcher as we go to replays.
– Still to come: Paul Heyman is in the house.
– Bray Wyatt vs. Rhyno: The opening bell sounds and Rhyno attacks early. Rhyno unloads with strikes in the corner. Wyatt comes back with a boot to the face, then he taunts Slater at ringside. Wyatt starts pummeling on Rhyno, then picks him up. Wyatt follows up with the Sister Abigail for the win after a very short match.
Winner: Bray Wyatt
– After the match, Slater checks on Rhyno as Wyatt stares him down. Wyatt gets on the mic and calls out Matt Hardy, saying he’s a coward. Fans chant “Delete,” and Wyatt says The Final Deletion and The Great War are far from over. Matt appears on the big screen and concurs, the war is far from over, but it can no longer continue inside WWE – it must happen at The Hardy Compound. We see video of Hardy and his Vanguard 1 drone on the grounds of the Hardy Compound. Hardy challenges Wyatt to The Ultimate Deletion, as Wyatt looks on and smiles.
– The Miz is backstage getting ready to come out to the ring.
– WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz comes down to the ring with Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel. He welcomes us to the third annual Mizzie Awards, and trashes the Oscars. The first category is “Superstar who is best at patting themself on the back,” which he declares a tie between Finn Balor and Seth Rollins. Miz says they’re not here to accept their awards because they weren’t invited. The next award is “Worst decision by a RAW GM,” and he mentions Kurt Angle letting Rollins and Balor into the Elimination Chamber, and mentions him failing to name a WrestleMania opponent for The Miz. The Miz starts to introduce a Lifetime Achievement award, but Seth Rollins interrupts. Rollins says the people of Milwuakee were begging for someone to interrupt because the Miz is dragging on. Finn Balor interrupts next, and says he can do one better than Rollins. Miz intrrupts and says neither of them are worthy of facing him at WrestleMania. Miz cuts promos on both of them for being losers, then challenges them to a handicap match. Rollins and Balor accept, and we have a match.
– 3-on-2 Handicap Match: The Miz & The Miztourage vs. Finn Balor and Seth Rollins: Axel and Balor start this one off. Axel starts strong, but Balor quickly turns it around. Rollisn tags in for the double team. Dallas tags in, but Rollins takes him down quick then scares Miz off the apron. Dallas starts firing up and works over Rollins in the corner. Miz tags in and stomps on Rollins, then Axel comes back in. Axel drops Rollins then hits a knee to the back. Axel dropkicks Rollins, then Dallas tags in. Rollins starts to fight back and boots Dallas down. Balor tags in and cleans house. Miz distracts Balor and Balor follows him out to the floor, where Axel and Dallas sneak attack him. Back in the ring, Balor drops Axel with a boot to the head. Rollins and Miz both tag in, and Rollins springboards in with a shot on the IC Champ. Rollins hits a knee and a splash, then suplex into a Falcon Arrow for a 2 count. Rollins boots Miz, then knocks Dallas off the apron. Miz rolls up Rollins from behind for 2. Rollins hits a kick to the face and pins, but Axel breaks it up. Rollins throws Axel outside, then hits a suicide dive on The Miztourage. Miz gets thrown outside next and Rollins looks for another suicide dive, but Balor tags himself in. Rollins and Balor argue, then Balor hits a suicide dive on Axel and Dallas. Balor hits a slingblade on Miz, then a dropkick. Balor goes for the Coup De Grace, but Rollins tags himself in and hits the curb stomp on Miz for the three count.
Winners: Seth Rollins & Finn Balor
– After the match, Kurt Angle comes out and announces a new WrestleMania match: A Triple Threat for the IC Title: The Miz vs. Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins
Click Here: crusaders rugby jerseys
– Still to come: Paul Heyman
– We go to Corey Graves, and while he’s talking the USA Network abruptly ends RAW and starts the next program. The USA Network feed cuts back to RAW shortly, and we see Paul Heyman coming down to the ring with the Universal Title in his hand.
– Paul Heyman steps into the ring and lays the Universal Title belt down in the ring. Heyman says he has a special message from his client Brock Lesnar. Heyman starts talking about Roman Reigns and WrestleMania, and gives Reigns props for beating Undertaker last year. Heyman says he won’t be beating Lesnar this year, and if he doesn’t like it, he can do something about it next week when Lesnar is here. Heyman mentions Reigns’ family in wrestling, and says he knows Reigns wants the Universal Title because of his bloodline, but it won’t happen. Heyman says Reigns doesn’t want to shoot on the mic with him or in the ring with Lesnar. The music hits and Reigns comes down to the ring.
Reigns steps in the ring and gets on the mic. Reigns says he said some harsh but true things last night, and thought Lesnar would show up tonight instead of just sending Heyman. Reigns says Lesnar is a b*tch for not showing up to work. Reigns says he’ll be here next week too, so Brock can say anything he wants to his face, but he better be dressed to fight, not dressed for a promo segment. Heyman and Reigns have a stare down as Heyman leaves and RAW goes off the air.
- WWE Officials Upset Over Recent Reports Leaked Online