With Raw’s 25 anniversary episode taking place in New York City tonight, WWE has put their full promotional force behind the event:
– AJ Styles, Charlotte Flair, Alexa Bliss, and Roman Reigns rang the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange this morning. Bliss and Nia Jax also appeared on Steve Harvey’s talk show.
– John Cena co-hosted the 10 a.m. Eastern time hour of the Today Show.
– Shawn Michaels appeared on SportsCenter to promote the episode and hyped that there could be announcements made to set up things for the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania. Also on SportsCenter, Michaels reflected on facing Ric Flair in Flair’s final WWE match and called it a love letter to someone who was his hero when he was younger.
– Flair’s Twitter account noted that he was heading to the Barclays Center this afternoon.
– Scott Hall provided a look at the retro set-up at the Manhattan Center for tonight:
– Bret Hart wrote a post on Instagram about not being able to be on the episode: “I’m sorry I’m not there for #Raw25. I wish I was able to make it. I know I’ve had my fair share of memorable moments on the show. Here’s to another 25 years of Monday Night Raw.” Dave Meltzer reported that Hart had a visit with his hand surgeon scheduled for today and that the surgeon was flying from Paris to Calgary for it.
– The Empire State Building will be lit up in red in celebration of Raw. Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, Dana Warrior, and representatives from the Make-A-Wish Foundation attended a ceremony at the building today. WWE and members of the roster partnered with Make-A-Wish to grant wishes today as well.
– Triple H and Stephanie spoke to Variety about WWE’s television rights negotiations and the company’s future.
Raw 25 is the go-home show for the Royal Rumble and will begin at 8 p.m. Eastern tonight. In addition to all of the special appearances, Reigns will defend his Intercontinental Championship against The Miz.